Friday, November 21, 2014

Winter 'TBR' - A Season for Starting Series

Today I am sharing with everyone my TBR List for Winter 2014-2015. I'm considering winter to be November through March, since that is pretty much what it is for me here in my neck of New York. I rarely ever plan out what books I am going to read, and when I finish one book I tend to just stare at my bookshelf until one jumps out at me. Especially since I'm always worried I'll be set to read a Contemporary next but am really in the mood for a Fantasy. This list will be flexible, since I can read whatever I want whenever I'm in the mood! 

I want to know what books you are planning to read this winter, so be sure to leave comments below or links to your Winter TBR Lists!

1. White Hot Kiss
The Dark Elements - #1
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I fell in love with this author when I devoured the Lux series, and pretty much vow to read anything that she writes! What really makes me want to read this one is easy... the main character is half-demon and half-gargoyle! How cool - and unique - is that? I'm really excited to see how she characterizes a gargoyle. Plus - that is one white, hot cover! ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

 
2. Dangerous Creatures
Dangerous Creatures - #1
by Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia
I absolutely LOVED the Beautiful Creatures series.  I loved Lena and Ethan's story, and really enjoyed Link's character; plus how could you not want to see if he ever ends up with Ridley? I think Ridley is one of my favorite characters that I've read in awhile; and it's in that love to hate her kind of way. I am so curious to see how this series plays out! ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

3. The Raven Boys
The Raven Cycle - #1
by Maggie Stiefvater
I am seriously behind the times with this series since book #3 was released in October. I remember back when book #2 was close to being released, Jessica (Jessabella Reads) was really excited to continue the series because book #1 was so good. I find Stiefvater's books to be very hit or miss for me. I liked - but didn't love - Shiver (though I haven't finished the series...) and I was wholly bored with The Scorpio Races (Which I cannot understand how that is going to translate into a movie, but have at it, Hollywood!). I also wasn't a huge fan of Lament, which it's hard for me not to like a book about fairies. But from what I have heard, this book is different and for that I am willing to give it a try! ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

4. City of Bones
The Mortal Instruments - Book #1
by Cassandra Clare
Go ahead, I'll give you a second to pick your jaw up off the floor at the fact that I've never started this series! Pretty ridiculous, right? I can't tell you why I haven't - I just haven't! Maybe I'm worried I won't like it, or will be disappointed - since EVERYFREAKINGONE seemingly LOVES it! ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

5. Cinder
The Lunar Chronicles - Book #1
by Marissa Meyer
This is really not my type of book... but... I do enjoy fairy tale retellings here and there. While I have heard this one is loosely based on Cinderella, and involves cyborgs/androids, I'm most interested to read this one because A.) I've never heard anything bad about it and B.) I sat in on a panel at the Rochester Teen Book Festival in 2013 that Marissa Meyer was on and I really liked her! Therefore, i wanted to support her by purchasing and reading/reviewing her book(s). ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

6. Silver Shadows
Bloodlines - Book #5
by Richelle Mead
So this isn't the first in a series, but it's a must read for me! While I think I like Vampire Academy more, Bloodlines is like a guilty pleasure for me. I get sucked into each book, and love the series even more with each book! Plus, who can deny the amazingness that is Sydney and Adrian??? ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

7.The Beautiful Ashes
Broken Destiny Series - Book #1
by Jeaniene Frost
I haven't yet had the pleasure to read one of Frost's novels, but I know her adult series are very popular. I have lots of confidence that this is going to be a good one, and can't wait to get into this book! It seems like a unique concept - and is classified as New Adult, which I haven't really read too much of. ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.
8. Heir of Fire
Throne of Glass - Book #3
by Sarah J. Maas
So, another one that isn't book #1 but MUST be read ASAP! If you ask me what my favorite fantasy series is, right now I'm all about Throne of Glass. Seriously - this series is incredible! My husband surprised me over the summer and pre-ordered this one for me. When it showed up in my mailbox in September... I nearly died with happiness!! ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

9. Book of Life
All Souls Trilogy - #3
by Deborah Harkness
The final book in the All Souls trilogy is also a must for me this winter. I fell in love with Diana and Matthew in book one - A Discovery of Witches - and I'm currently halfway through book two - Shadow of Night. This is a very unique story, and even though it is adult fiction, I can see a lot of paranormal YA readers enjoying this series. ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

10. Shadow and Bone
The Grisha - Book #1
by Leigh Bardugo
I can give no good reason as to why I've not yet read this book. Considering I am a self-proclaimed YA Fantasy Junkie, this is one I should've already devoured and been moving onto the rest of the series... but sometimes its good to keep a book saved, to wait and enjoy it slowly... that's what I plan to do with this one. I am so excited to read it, I'm so pumped - so it better not disappoint! ADD TO GOODREADS HERE.

Happy Reading!
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I was soo happy to see this post pop up in my inbox! Been a long time! I have been thinking about making some "changes" to my blog and I wanted to talk to you about one in particular. I will email you soon so that we can talk about it privately. BTW...do you still go to book club? Yes, random, I know! Anyways, I hope everything is going well for you! :D Keep an eye out for an email from me! Here is my email addy in case you forgot, that way you will know it's me: jessicalynn333(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Love :))